Tuesday 28 October 2014

Lip balm showdown!

I can't seem to stop buying lip balms. If I see a new one or a brand I haven't tried, 9 times out of 10 I will pick it up in the hopes that it solves all of my dry lipped problems. So today I'm having a showdown of the 4 I have been using recently and give you my honest opinions and a rating out of 5 to hopefully help inform your future choices!




1. Nivea pure & natural Milk & Honey
 The reason I picked up this lip balm is so I can keep it in my pocket while I'm at work. I didn't have high expectations for this one but I've been pleasantly surprised! It leaves your lips feeling hydrated with a nice smooth finish for a relatively long time meaning you don't have to keep reapplying and it just does it's job really! on the downside it doesn't particularly have a scent but it definitely does its job.
Rating: 4/5

2. EOS lip balm in Strawberry Sorbet
  I've been wanting to try this lip balm for quite some time after hearing nothing but good things about it but it's relatively hard to get hold of in the UK. So when I saw it in Urban Outfitters I had to pick it up despite the price tag (£6 does seem a bit excessive). But thankfully it hasn't let me down! This one is in the flavour strawberry sorbet and I love anything with a strawberry scent so that's already a winner, it also leaves your lips feeling hydrated but not greasy or waxy and the packaging is also really sweet. All in all I'm very impressed.
Rating: 5/5

3. Vaseline original
  Now I've been a Vaseline fan for years but I'm now blaming that on the fact that my lips have become dependent on constant application. If I stay somewhere overnight and forget my Vaseline my lips become very dry and uncomfortable. Vaseline is great for instant relief of dry lips but is not great at actually moisturising them meaning that you need to reapply regularly. It is effective as a barrier from wind and cold weather that could dry out your lips but not at actually moisturising them.
Rating: 2/5

4. Carmex Cherry 
  The reason I bought a Carmex lip balm is because I know how popular they are, I know loads of people that swear by it and wont use anything else. I, on the other hand, hate it. I really dislike the smell I find it too strong, I really don't like the gloopy finish, I can't get on with the plastic applicator and I don't like the way it makes my lips feel. Like I said, many people love it but I just cannot get on with this one. 
Rating: 0/5

And the winner is...

EOS!
Here's a little look inside, it's also rounded which is a nice touch, though not completely necessary. If you can't bring yourself to splash out on this one then the Nivea pure & natural is a close second.

I hope you enjoyed this post and it gave you some useful information. Let me know what you thought in the comments or what you think of each of these.

Take care ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment